Friday, May 20, 2011

Food Blog Entry #1 - Creamy Tomato Penne With Spinach

A friend once told me to make my blog “Julie & Julia” style. I don’t know if I can commit to cook (and then blog about it) everyday! I can do it once in a while though. I’m starting to be kitchen-smart now (if there’s such a word). For jeezsake, I’m beginning to have a cabinet full of spices.

I grew up watching my mom cook. Even before I was born, her passion has always been cooking. She even made me a recipe notebook that’s handy every so often. Since I got married I’ve been interested into trying out new kitchen techniques (the mister acts as my guinea pig. I haven't heard him complained... yet.). Some were successful, some weren’t but I’m proud to say that to date, all was edible. I decided that I’d share those recipes that in my opinion are salivatingly good!

To start this food-blog-entry series is my take on “Creamy Tomato Penne with Spinach”. Great thing about this recipe is that you can always substitute. I love modifying ingredients and directions to my own convenience. You can always use a different pasta or put more veggies according to your preference.



Ingredients:
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 16 oz package penne pasta
fresh spinach
4 tsp cream cheese, or to taste
4 tbsp parmesan alternative
1 tsp parsley (garnish)


Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat the jarred pasta sauce. throw in the chopped spinach. Drain the cooked pasta, and combine it with the pasta sauce. Lower the heat level, and stir in the cream cheese or parmesan. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment