Tuesday, May 4, 2010

“Wag mong ipilit ang sarili mo sa mga taong ayaw sayo, isda lang ang isinisiksik sa masikip na lata.”

It’s my mantra towards people who don’t really appreciate my value in their lives or those who take me as their last resort. (Currently teaching the mister this outlook. See I am also guilty of being bad at keeping in touch but I don’t intentionally neglect friends, EVER. It’s hard but I make sure to find time for them.) Some think that they can use friendship as a safety net. The only salvation they have whenever they feel alone. It is in a way; it’s just that they fail to realize that like any other relationships, it requires maintenance and flourishing. It isn’t necessary to be always together or do the same hobbies or have the same interests -- all that’s required is constant consciousness that one treats the other with special care, not just somebody who’s going to be there waiting in one corner when one’s world turns crappy. Hey, that other one wants to celebrate your victories too. C’mon, how much time would it cost for a single call or text message of "hello / how are you"?

I’ve said it before; I’d keep on saying it again and again. Pag ayaw, wag.

3 comments:

  1. Tama! Pareho tayo pagdating dyan, sis! Simula nang i-reject ako ng mga gusto kong maging friends nung Grade 4 ako, ganyan na din lagi kong sinasabi sa sarili ko. That's why I'm pretty sure that the friends I have now, well, LIKE nila ako. :))

    But it's sad to realize that you and your friend have grown apart, 'no? Parang kahit i-try niyo ibalik yung dati, di na siya magiging kasingsaya kagaya ng dati.

    Ganun kasi yata pag hindi na kapanahunan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i should learn that too sis. i dont always do the 'maintenance' part so well. Although, i always keep the good ones and let go of those who just bring in negative vibes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis... i am moving na to Tumblr: http://ohsoyummy.tumblr.com na ako! :)

    ReplyDelete