Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Mister, My Ultimate 'Vent-ing Machine'!

This week, I had one of those (what I consider) very annoying episodes. It’s rare that I have non-traffic-related outbursts. "Emo" is one word that’s definitely not in my vocabulary. I’m not a fan of whining - I complain but I try hard not to whine. (Whining is when you inflict the drama to the person listening to your miseries, complaining is just negatively stating the facts of what happened.) Most of the time, I hit whoever / whatever with apathy whenever an unwanted but unavoidable incident arises (Well, different case if I care enough for something / somebody that I offer them a piece of my mind).

But last Tuesday was too much that I had to blurt out ‘loudly’, at least on my head (and on fb!). Moreso, it felt so comforting when the mister asked about it on our happy hour and had me discuss it without critics or judgments. He didn’t get embarrassed even when my voice became a little too loud for a time. He listened. He didn’t even care if I used harsh words. He let me spill everything out until I calmed myself.

This, exactly, is love – practicing high tolerance on me during my ‘monster’ moments.

*tungkol sa opisina, baka mabasa ng mataas sa’kin mapahamak pa ako kaya tagalog itong disclaimer. Lurker yun minsan.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. You are so blessed to have a patient and understanding hubby. Naku, I've had my round of office-related rants too. Nakakawindang. But as long as we have a great support system, everything will be all sunshiny again. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ian has always been my 'venting' machine eversince. makapag thank you minsan.. hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang mga mister talaga ang nagiging venting machine.

    Sis, dito ka na magbasa sa isang blog ko, bagong gawa pa lang =) share ko din sayo yung good news..

    http://www.themisischronicles.com/

    ReplyDelete