Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter Blog

Every lent I give up something. Well this year, it was coffee.

I’m a coffee-junkie at heart. I feel like my days aren’t complete without a single cup, even my friends could attest to that. Who would’ve thought that I’d last these past forty days without it? Admittedly it was a hard. I salivated every time I make the mister’s morning coffee. Breakfast wasn’t that appealing if paired with hot chocolate or tea. But I see Lent as being not in control; self denial of one’s greatest pleasure and no sacrifice is worth more than what the Lord had done for us. I felt really victorious that I didn’t succumb to my coffee cravings.

As for my reward, I woke up this morning to the smell of my favorite brewed coffee from Starbucks (pike place roast with toffee nut and classic syrup, two pumps each) -- the mister brought me breakfast in bed. (You have no idea how excited I was to taste that familiar dose of my beloved caffeine.)

Happy Easter, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment