Saturday, March 27, 2010

One Month

A month had passed since we said "I Do". One month after all that fervent preparations and breath-stopping anticipation. One month of discovering the wonders of this new state of life and unraveling each day with an open mind towards this whole experience.

When my parents told me that it is a lot of work, they really meant it. Constant adjustment is mandatory and compromise is a must. There are these little things that when added up are also significant. Like waking up earlier in the morning to prepare my mister's morning coffee and lunch, doing laundry together once or every other week, waiting for each other (even if I'm already hungry) to have meals together, making a feasible weekly/monthly budget, plus apartment hunting and furniture shopping; the list just goes on and on.

Being his misis is a full-time job, indeed. Can you believe that I'm saying this considering we're not even together for more than thirty consecutive days? But we're both aware that we still have tons to learn from each other.

All I know now is that married life is not always easy but living it is surely worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment