Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wedding Day Musings III - That Wedding Photographer

Given the church plus the reception (my groom, of course!), wedding photography is one of my top priorities. Well, because it’s the only proof of how memorable that day was for us and to entrust somebody to document our moments, we say that Aaron Willcox did an exceptional job (‘great’ is such an understatement!).

I spent an ample amount of time scouting for that perfect fit. You see, I’m in love with photography and I want my style/preference be reflected on the accounts of our special day. I enjoy staring at happy pictures. I admire those that have the power to catch it in one single snap. Those still-framed reality, overflowing with unrehearsed and raw emotions. I saw Aaron’s portfolio and I was awed by his perception of life. But what made me 100% sure of him was his personality and professionalism – the total package any bride/groom could ever asked for!

We did our engagement photos (a.k.a. prenup) sometime in October. We had lots of fun that Vince and I didn’t even thought that we’re really having this pictorial for our guestbook. We’re relaxed and every shot came naturally. When we saw the end product, our jaws dropped (that’s how amazing he is!).

After constant emails and phone calls, came the big day. He was there in the hotel until the reception and he covered from the preparation till our dance presentation. We didn’t even seem to be bothered though we had a strict timeline. Everything went so smooth and casual.

And I guess that’s a sign of a good photographer – the one who’s independent and would let you be yourself, doesn’t do unnecessary gimmicks, doesn’t pressure you with the flow of the day, removes the ‘extra cheese’ (you know what I mean!); yet takes hella good care of you (and your big day) by relying on his own talent.

*for the complete set of our official wedding photos, please click this link*

No comments:

Post a Comment