Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cooking 101

Some of my friends are surprise whenever I say that I actually cook. Many of them cannot believe it whenever I let them taste my own version of "lutong bahay". (What a great idea to feature some of it here in my blog, don’t you think?) Perhaps I don’t look so homely to them! Hah!

Anyway, my parents are on vacation so my brother and I take turns with cooking our meals; the mister is in charge of the dishes. (Next month would be different because we are moving in our own apartment! Yey!) Last Monday, I made us chicken and shrimp alfredo with broccoli. I didn’t hear any bad reactions or witness disgruntled looks so I guess I did well. That moment brought me excitement; recipes began parading back and forth my mind.

*my Alfredo served with garlic bread and lumpiang shanghai*
I’m no kitchen-genius-Julie/Julia type but I can follow directions to create a decent dish. (By the way, it was such a neat, inspiring movie but I’m pretty sure I can never harm a lobster or de-bone a duck. Thank you.) I can offer Pinoy food such as sinigang and mechado, I can marinate savory meat, and even serve any pasta cuisine. I still need practice, though. Admittedly, the only limit for me is baking/concocting any dessert. I’m just not sweet-toothed that’s why I never had the urge to learn how to use the big oven (I can do some dishes using the toaster one, yes). My menu could go only as far as second pasti, but of course with a long wine list!

As how the old Filipino saying goes, "Marunong ka nang magluto, pwede ka na mag-asawa", the mister is quite happy to know that he’s blessed to find himself a personal chef (wannabe) in me. What more could he possibly asked for! *bats eyelashes*

2 comments:

  1. Sis, because you're on blogger now... I am inspired to start blogging again! Tumblr bores me... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! dahil dyan, link kita. :)stay happy and beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete