Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Light That Guides Me Home

Family life is like a rollercoaster ride so far. Mostly ups, though the downs are inevitable. It’s just that I get overwhelm sometimes. Before Elysse was born, Vince and I could just sit and relax at 9pm. Having her around makes 24 hours seem not enough. I am not complaining, I just feel tired once in a while. Physical, that is. Then there are all these other matters like finances and work obligations. I remembered what Vince’s cousin told us, “always be good to each other, no matter what”. There are moments that I bitch around now because of stress and I feel guilty about it. Perhaps in times like this I should count my blessings, instead. I should really take a minute or two to contemplate that we’re fortunate than most people. I have a loving husband and a sweet daughter, they should be enough to keep me happy.

This morning I prayed hard for the Lord to clear my perspective, for Him to grant me more patience and understanding. Afterall my family is the light that indeed guides me home.

3 comments:

  1. Alam naman nating lahat na normal lang yan kasi tao tayo. Ang importante sa lahat, sis, e aware ka na ganito o ganyan ka. At least you know na you can something about it. :) Hindi kagaya ng iba na kundi in denial, iniisip nilang tama yung nararamdaman o ginagawa nila.

    You are lucky na you have a family na pwede mong uwian when you're having a bad day. :) <3

    P.S.
    Pag pagod ka or kung anuman, tweet ka lang. Papasayahin ka namin promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minsan pag nag-uusap kami ni Jeff, nakakamiss din yung weekends na we just lie around, PC, DVDs, etc... Ngayon hindi na pwede magrelax-relax. But this is just a phase, pag malaki na sila, you'll get everything back in the groove, and twice the fun kasi may mga bulilit na tayo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nariese, sis thank you sa support. tama ka na normal lang ang mga ganun. iniisip ko nga parati kapag nakakaenconter ng "down time", lumilipas din yun kaagad.

    @badet, alam ko nakakarelate ka sis. grabe noh? ang bilis ng buhay. masaya naman kami ni vince. syempre ibang phase na talaga kapag may baby na. siguro adjustment period pa din kahit papaano. pero alam ko na alam mo na makita lang natin yung baby natin, kaya na natin kahit ano! :)

    ReplyDelete