Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Day Musings I - That Long White Dress

They say that each wedding is different. They come in all shapes and sizes (and price tags!), all because every bride and groom has their own tastes. On Saturday, it’ll be a month since mine took place. To better heighten the excitement of the countdown, I will (try to) recount my big day.

I want to start off with my wedding dress.

When I was a kid I never imagined how it would be unlike other little girls who’ve been dreaming their own version of ‘happily ever after’ since the time they’ve been exposed to the idea of wedding. I’m aware that it’s going to happen but to picture it, nah I’m more technical than that. But to my surprise (and because of my obsessive love of wearing dresses), I had picked my couturier even before I got engaged.

I’m just impressed on how meticulous Filipino designers are; it was a crazy idea but right there and then I knew I wanted my dress made in the Philippines. My designer is
Joel Bautista and I found him online (after countless of searches!). I saw his sketches and learned about his craftsmanship; what made me convinced to commission him was his professionalism. We only corresponded through emails and yet when I came back to Pinas (after four months of knowing him), my gown was exquisitely finished.

Until now I could still remember how I felt exactly when I first tried it on. The feeling of that overwhelming excitement just made me (and my bestfriend) teary-eyed. Moreso, I’d never forget how proud I was when I wore it on February 27. It seemed like all eyes were on me when I marched down the aisle, waiting for me to sashay on my beautiful white gown. That very moment, I could claim that I have been a bride.

*joel, i could never thank you enough*

No comments:

Post a Comment